International business expansion provides diversification, revenues, and jobs for individual firms and the economy as a whole. The NAITA Global Trade Award honors existing local businesses and organizations for their dedication in pursuing and penetrating global markets. By recognizing these efforts, NAITA hopes to encourage others to explore and/or expand their international business and to strengthen the network of businesses involved in international trade.
The entity selected for the NAITA Global Trade Award will be recognized at the Annual World Trade Day Luncheon, and will be profiled in the NAITA Trade Connection enewsletter. The recipient will also be invited to present a program at a NAITA meeting or International Business Interchange. When applicable, NAITA will work with this recipient to complete an application for the “E” Award which is designated by the President of the United States and is the highest honor an American firm can receive for its exporting activity.
Past recipients of the NAITA Global Trade Award include:
- Aladdin Light Lift – 2016
- Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. – 2015
- PESA – 2014
- Digium, Inc. – 2012
- Panalpina – 2011
- Aviagen – 2010
- Axsys Technologies, Inc., Precision Optical Products (now General Dynamics) – 2009
- Intergraph Corporation – 2008
- Taos Industries, Inc. – 2007
- Port of Huntsville – 2006
- Teledyne Brown Engineering – 2005
- PPG Aerospace – Transparencies – 2004
- Asian Product Sources/Floral Design, Inc. – 2003
- ADTRAN – 2002
- Panalpina – 2001
- VMIC (now GE Fanuc Embedded Systems) – 2000
- Sirsi (now SirsiDynix) – 1999
- Cybex (now Avocent) – 1998
- Dynamic Analysis (now LESCO) – 1997
For further information or an application, please contact Anne Burkett, Madison County Commission International Trade Development Center, 256.532.3505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.