Webinar: Export Controls for Emerging Aerospace Companies
March 25 • 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm (CST)
NAITA has partnered with the Export Compliance Training Institute (ECTI) to bring ECTI’s comprehensive export compliance training to our members with a discount!
Use Code NAITAweb for 10% off Live Webinars. Please note that Power Packs and other bundles are not included.
Are you an entrepreneur in the aerospace or tech sectors? Are you working across borders? This could mean having customers, suppliers, or employees abroad, and it’s a hard situation to avoid when in such a globalized sector. Big innovation comes with a big regulatory burden. If you establish the fundamentals on the front end, you will greatly minimize the headaches later on and set yourself on the right track to meet regulatory challenges quickly and efficiently as you grow.
This webinar will introduce the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) while giving a brief overview of other agencies involved in the full process of licensing and shipping internationally. Companies will learn the basics of export terminology and general order in which an export review should be conducted. Expect to cover product classifications and special requirements that impact aerospace more significantly than many other sectors. Practical tips and tricks will be included throughout. Expect to get a broad overview of fundamentals which will allow you to build out your knowledge of export compliance for your growing business, including:
- What are the different government agencies and bodies of law that control exports?
- What is the basic terminology of export control? Let’s define exports.
- There are nontraditional ways of exporting. Do you have foreign employees? Technology?
- Intermediaries. We’ll discuss deemed exports as well as reexports.
- What is not an export?
- Determine when you need a license under the ITAR or EAR and how to get it. Here we discuss practical expectations about timelines and interfacing with the relevant agencies.
- Understand how to identify “Significant Military Equipment” on the ITAR USML and what requirements are then triggered. Additionally, learn about EAR export classifications that most aerospace companies encounter and why some of those classifications merit special attention.
- Outside of licensing, there are other export obligations. Here, we discuss screening obligations and OFAC.
- Ready to ship? There are a few practical steps involving a filing into the automated export system.
- Other practical considerations and pitfalls you should be aware of such as Anti-Boycott Laws, Routed Transactions, etc.
- Recordkeeping obligations.
This webinar will include PowerPoint slides and live video and commentary from Bailey Reichelt, a U.S. based international trade attorney specializing in regulatory compliance of emerging companies in the aerospace and tech industries. Each registrant, even if unable to attend, will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, speaker contact information for follow-up questions, and access to the webinar recording within 24 hours after the webinar airs. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar and the final 30 minutes will be allotted to answering attendee questions.
Speaker Bio: Bailey Reichelt, Managing Partner for Aegis Trade Law LLC, is a U.S. based international trade attorney specializing in regulatory compliance of emerging companies in the aerospace and tech industries. Her expertise includes export controls, anti-corruption laws, foreign direct investment, and defense specific compliance. Other expertise includes corporate structure, US Government contracting, and international contracting. Bailey is licensed in Texas and New Jersey.
REGISTER NOW with NAITA discount code NAITAweb for 10% off Live Webinars. Please note that Power Packs and other bundles are not included.