901 Explorer Blvd.
Preparing Business for Global Markets – International Trade Leadership Series
The 2017 NAITA International Trade Leadership Series will address critical areas of trade, to include international sales & marketing, finance, legal issues, and logistics. This program will equip you with the knowledge and skills to understand today’s globally competitive marketplace. Networking time is also available to talk with the Export Alabama Alliance, export service providers, and peer companies.
NAITA and Ambassador Sponsor Baker Donelson present this comprehensive program in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Export Alabama Alliance, the Alabama District Export Council, the Alabama International Trade Center, and the Technology Regional Innovation Cluster Huntsville (TechRich). This intensive four session, 16 hour export training program allows export-ready companies in North Alabama to develop and advance their international business skills.
- Export 101 – Planning Strategy & Market Entry – Michael Brooks, Alabama International Trade Center & William Toerpe, U.S. Dept. of Commerce
- Payment Methods for International Trade – Ken Bender, PNC Bank
- Foreign Exchange Risk Management – Bruce Celek, PNC Bank
- EXIM Bank Trade Financing Solutions for Export Success – Glenn Sigler & Bill Cummins, Alabama SBDC
- SBA Loan Programs to Support Small Business Exporters – David Leonard, SBA
- Legal Aspects of Doing Business Internationally – Michael Johnson, Doreen Edelman, and Micheline Johnson, Baker Donelson
- Logistics and Global Supply Chain – Carolyn Turner, Alabama International Trade Center
- International Transportation & Logistics – Jimmy Cahill, Panalpina
- Port of Huntsville Overview – Jim Hutcheson, Port of Huntsville