Export Controls for Security Professionals
The Intersection of ITAR and NISPOM
Jim Bartlett, Principal, Full Circle Trade Law PLLC, joined NAITA to discuss “Export Controls for Security Professionals — the Intersection of ITAR and NISPOM.”
Key topics of discussion include:
- The Facility Security Officer’s Role in Export Controls
- Key ITAR Concepts, including “US person” vs. “Foreign person” vs. “Foreign National”
- ITAR coverage of classified articles and data.
- Conflicts between ITAR and NISPOM.
- What to do when served with a search warrant.
James E. Bartlett III is an attorney with a specialty in export and import law. Jim is co-author of the textbook, United States Export Controls (7th ed. 2018), author of Bartlett’s Annotated International Traffic in Arms Regulations, 2019 (“The BITAR”), author of Bartlett’s Annotated Foreign Trade Regulations, 2019 (“The BAFTR”), editor of the Society of International Affairs “Pocket ITAR,” Associate Editor of the ABA Public Contract Law Journal, and has written and published The Export/Import Daily Update (“The Daily Bugle”), a free newsletter serving nearly 10,000 readers every business day for over 15 years.
Join us for this informative and engaging discussion to improve your company’s export compliance program!
Registration includes Lunch: $25 – NAITA Member or $40 for a Potential Member