NAITA World Trade Day Celebration
World Trade Week is an annual national celebration recognizing the importance of international trade to the U.S. economy. The North Alabama International Trade Association (NAITA) and the Madison County Commission co-sponsor the World Trade Day Celebration Luncheon in Huntsville, Alabama. The Madison County Commission annually proclaims World Trade Day (WTD) locally to recognize global trade’s significance to Huntsville/Madison County, Alabama.
WTD has hosted many prestigious guest speakers. Internationally recognized presenters have come to Huntsville on World Trade Day to share their insights on global strategic development. Prominent speakers have included:
- David Sanger, Chief Washington Correspondent, The New York Times
- Richard Alpaugh, Deputy Commander, U.S. Army Security Assistance Command (USASAC)
- Ken Cornelius, President & CEO, Siemens One, Inc. and VP Sales, Siemens Corporation
- Ambassador Luis Lauredo, Executive Director, Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) VIII Trade Ministerial & Americas Business Forum, & former U.S. Ambassador to the Organization of American States
- LTG (U.S. Army Ret.) Daniel W. Christman, Senior Vice President for International Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Leslie Schweitzer, Senior Trade Advisor, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- David Halberstam, Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author, The Next Century & The Reckoning
- Clyde Prestowitz, Founder & President, The Economic Strategy Institute
- Roger Axtell, Author, Do’s & Taboos Around the World: A Guide to International Behavior
- Howard Rosen, Executive Director, Competitiveness Policy Council
- James Bovard, Author, The Fair Trade Fraud
- David Manke, President, United Technologies International Corporation
- John D. Wolf, Senior Vice President, MD95, Douglas Aircraft Company
- Timothy McClain, Vice-President – Marketing, BellSouth International
- David Shepherd, VP-International Marketing, Space Transportation Systems, The Boeing Company
- Richard G. Kirkland, Vice President–Washington Intl. Operations, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Roger M. Scovil, Author, Get Ahead: Scovil’s Seven Rules for Success in Management, and retired President of Lockwood Greene International
This event draws approximately 300 attendees from North Alabama and the surrounding region.
NAITA Trade Compliance Roundtable
NAITA hosts several Trade Compliance Roundtable meetings annually to address specific issues related to export licensing and compliance and provide a networking forum for company officials charged with this responsibility. Programs cover topics associated with the U.S. State Department Directorate of Defense Trade Controls – International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Commerce Department Bureau of Industry & Security – Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
NAITA International Trade Leadership Series
The North Alabama International Trade Association (NAITA), in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Alabama International Trade Center, the Alabama Department of Commerce, and the Technology Regional Innovation Cluster Huntsville – TechRich, presents a series of international trade training programs. This series introduces and expands on specific trade concepts to advance international business skills for North Alabama companies in critical areas to include international sales & marketing, international finance, international legal issues, and logistics and global supply chain.
NAITA Conversation on Trade
The Conversation on Trade is a presentation by an elected or government official on the impact of trade and education on positive trade policy on the North Alabama Region. This event is a special opportunity to hear from Washington and Montgomery and share views from North Alabama’s business community.
NAITA – A Catalyst for Trade Development – www.naita.org
The North Alabama International Trade Association (NAITA) is a business-driven organization with the mission to provide international trade advocacy, training, and networking to promote economic growth in North Alabama. NAITA provides an international networking forum, education on trade issues, and prepares business for global success. NAITA is the regional resource for international trade development.